Friday 18 February 2011

New Year Walks

Yep so it's already mid February and I'm only jotting down a memory of our New Year's day walk now. Our digital camera is on the blink and whilst we save up for a fancy new one (not happening any time soon!!! It's on the list behind bathroom, laptop, holiday, car breakdown repairs( this has not happened but will undoubtably happen - I'm not a pessimist just a realist and I'm fine with car breakdowns - they're just part of life and they invariably happen whenever we're feeling like we have a little extra money to spare!!! )) So in the mean time I'm going all retro and using my film SLR. I recieved my developed films through the post yesterday and photos of this walk were in there - hence prodding my memory!

New Year's Day was cold but bright and dry. 'Why not start the year off with a walk somewhere nice?' I suggested.

We checked out the website - pushchairs walks and opted for a walk near Castle Howard suitable for all terrain pushchairs - 'I think our Push chair is an All Terrain Pushchair?!' I assured Nathan.

Wrapped up warm, wellies on, toilet trip made ( love having a newly toilet trained boy) and off we set.

Puddles Galore!!



Joesph was loving it. Ben was not!! About 10 metres into our walk he began to complain.

It may have had something to do with the muddy terrain making it extremely bumpy for him as he sat in our All Terrain Pushchair?!!! OK it became very apparent very soon that our pushchair aint no All Terrain Pushchair!!!...........



But we persevered!!
Ben also persevered with his complaining!
Nathan ended up being the gallant father and took off his coat to wrap Ben up in - maybe he was cold?? It didn't work and I had to refrain from doing a 'I told you so' to Nathan who was only wearing a polo shirt under his coat and I had said he should have worn a jumper but he said he'd be fine and now he was in the countryside, on the 1st of Jan, wearing only a polo shirt and it was really cold and I think I refrained from doing the ' I told you so' only it was many weeks ago now and I can't remember!!! (deep breath!)
Anyway it was sweet of him to do that.

We made it to the bridge to get the good veiw of Castle Howard as the walk description had stated.

Ben still complaining, Nathan set off at pace to get him back to the car - concerned we would get in trouble for disturbing the peace ( He makes a great noise when he gets going!!)
Joseph and I set off without much pace, enjoying the puddles and muddy terrain. Joseph decided at one point to go off track and enjoy the deeper mud in the fields and promptly getting stuck!! Daddy to the rescue again, though by this point he was kind of getting past the joys of the walk himself!


It maybe a slight exaggeration to say that(but it wasn't that much more)it was only 10 metres away from the car, when Ben stopped crying thanks to seeing some dogs!!


Walk numero duex, happened two days later on my Birthday - 3rd January (just in case I forget!). We walked around Swinsty reservoir with Granne and Grandad. Our pushchair was more than up to the task. Ben was happy, Joseph was happy though extremely leisurely in his approach to the pace. At first he was happy to chase a group of dogs, one of which nicked his sandwich but then the pace dipped further and as the sunlight was dipping fast, he ended up being put in the pushchair instead!

Here's to 2011 and hopefully many more memorable walks!


(Ben under happier circumstances on walk 2)

( I love the mittens Aunty Ann  knit the boys especially as there's lots of growing into room)

         (Joseph with sandwich before it was nicked!)

(Swinsty reservoir as the sun dips)

No comments:

Post a Comment